Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Personally Yours - Author Rico Salam

Personally Yours will give you a brief look inside your favorite authors world. We know they write smokin' books, but do they smoke with the Surgeon General and if they do, what? Are they left-handed or right handed? Take a personal look inside Author Rico Salam's life. Enjoy Personally Yours!


1.Who is Rico Salam? - Rico Salam is an up and coming author from West Philadelphia who is striving to give young black men from the urban community a different image in the sight of America. Unfortunately my childhood wasn’t what you would call the best upbringing. I was brought up and raised in a house hold full of alcoholics and drug addicts. So people thought my future was ruined from day one. However my plans were different. I knew if anyone was going to make a change in my family then it had to be me. So I stayed in school and became the first person in my family to ever graduate. After that I enrolled in college and earned a degree in business management. This is when I realized there wasn’t anything I couldn’t do, so I decided to write my first novel “GET MINE OR GET NAKED”.

2.What are you passionate about? - I’m passionate about helping other people who are trying to help themselves. A lot of the time people just need someone who believe in them and will give them that extra push they need to excel. So if I can lend a helping hand to someone who is seriously trying to better their self, then I’m all for it.

3.Why should the world take notice of you? - Because I’m the example of what the power of a prayer can do for a person. I’m far from being rich or famous but I come a long way from being the little boy who grew up in a crack house. I don’t know who was praying for me but I’m sure somebody was because my life could be a lot different right now.

4.What is your favorite chick flavor? A meaty ham, a juicy pork-chop, or a fat free chicken? - Well I don’t eat pork, so the ham is out of the question. And a fat free chicken is just not enough to satisfy a brother. So I’ll say I like mine nice and beefy, but I don’t want the whole cow.

5.What are your life rules? - I’m a firm believer in patience. Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of hard work and patience to bring your dreams to a reality.



6. You know you are going to die on April 6, 2015 how will you live the remainder of your life? In fear or joy? - Since I already know I’m going to die I would do stuff that I would normally be afraid to do. Like jumping out of airplanes, going swimming with sharks, driving my car at 140 in a 60 mile zone. JUST HAVE NO FEAR AT ALL.


7.5 Favs-

Color- royal blue
Food-lasagna
Movie- Malcom X
Song- Cry for you by Jodeci
Drink- Pink Lemonade

8.Do you forgive regardless of what someone has done for you? -It all depends on how close I am to the person. If we have a close relationship then I would normally forgive them. But if we aren’t that close then I just keep my distance.

9.If you could change your past would you? - I really would like to say yes because there are a lot of mistakes I made in my life that I would like to fix. But if I didn’t make those mistakes I wouldn’t be the person I am today. So I would say no.

10. In the nude or negligee? - I like the negligee because that shows that she is really trying to be sexy for me. I like it when a woman goes out of her way to do something special for me.

11.Where can we find you on the net? - Right know you can find me on Facebook and The Firm Publications.Com

12. Fill in the blank with one word. To know Rico Salam is to appreciate Rico Salam.

No comments: