Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Author Tina Brooks-McKinney!



I met Tina via Yahoo a LONG time ago. We bonded over a publishing mishap, which actually turned out to be a blessing for both of us. Tina is my inspiration in that she has persevered and has written a plethora of books! She's also my motivation to keep writing. Please take a few minutes to get to know my friend, Author Tina Brooks-McKinney!
1. Who is Tina Brooks-McKinney? A story teller. I weave tails about characters you learn to love or hate. I place those characters in real life situations where they either grow from it or die.




2. What are you passionate about? Reality TV, it’s a great tool for character development and conflict resolution. (Pop a witch).
 
3. Which one of your books would you suggest to Michelle Obama and why? Deep Deception. These days she doesn't know who she’s sitting down with. This book will make you look at everyone around you twice.

 
4. The O'Jays or Earth Wind and Fire? They are both okay but can I get some Uncle Charlie up in here?

 
5. What are your life rules? 1. Treat people the same way I’d like them to treat my children. I’m all about making it fair even though this seems like an impossible task today. 2. Never be afraid to run. There is no shame in getting out of the way, only a fool stands there.


6. What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, some of us will actually tell you the truth. If someone avoids the questions or tries to dazzle you with BS, they are probably lying.

7. 5 Favs -

a. color - green

b. food – crabs, shrimp

c. movie – 
Steel Magnolia

d. song –
I’m in love with K Michelle’s new album. All of them except the coochie song.

e. drink -
Lemonade


8. What is the worst experience you've had as an author? These questions are getting deep. I really want to be honest here without getting sued for telling the truth. 

9. If you could change your past would you? If I could come back skinny, I’d sign up for that. I’d zap that fat DNA right out of my system.


10. Random thought – I’m a firm believer in karma. People can’t keep stealing their way to success. Eventually, they will have to pay and I hope I have a front row seat to watch with some popcorn and a drink.

11. Where can we find you on the net? Tina McKinney Tina McKinney on FB, Twitter(which I’m still learning how to operate), my email at tybrooks2@yahoo.com. There are other social networks that I’m connected to but I check the above daily.


12. Fill in the blank with one word - To know Tina Brooks McKinney  is to love Tina Brooks-McKinney.

  


No comments: